Thursday, October 21, 2010

She's Gone Country...

Look at them Boots!



We had a busy weekend last weekend.  First Nick decided it was about time I owned my first pair of cowboy boots.  So Friday Night we headed to Chuck's Boots and looked at hundreds of boots.  Most of them were awful, I mean awful!  We saw pink boots, teal sparkly boots, white boots and much much more.  We did manage to find 2 pairs in my size that were acceptable and finally settled on the one's above.  So I am now the proud owner of my very own pair of cowboy boots.  

Saturday we took a beautiful drive through Illinois to visit my sister, niece and some friends who were at a retreat center in Carlinville.  It really was a beautiful fall day for a drive and we spent the afternoon hanging out and I learned how to knit!  When I say that I mean that I learned a how it is supposed to work, but I'm not sure I was very good at it and my creation didn't look like much of anything, but hey everybody has to start somewhere, right?  

Sunday was a big day.  We got up early and met our photographer at Busch Stadium to start our engagement picture session.  We took a bunch of pictures there and then headed to the Arch to take more.  It was a lot of fun but also a bit exhausting.  After our engagement picture session we headed to our new church to attend the New Member Class.  

It was a busy weekend that definitely wasn't long enough but we got some important things crossed off our list!

1 comment:

  1. COWBOY BOOTS?!?!?! this is AMAZING! you must wear them the next time I see you (hopefully before the 5 yr reunion!)

    also, i'm excited to see the engagement photos and am glad you're making progress on your list of things to do!

    love you!

    ReplyDelete