Monday, May 7, 2012

Derby Party: I'll Have Another

This weekend Nick and I threw our first Kentucky Derby party.  It was a great afternoon of wonderful friends, amazing food and some friendly betting on horses.  Nick as well as two of our friends were the lucky winners picking the horse named "I'll Have Another" who pulled ahead at the end and won the race.

Unfortunately my camera is still MIA but I did manage to remember to take a few pictures on my phone (please excuse the poor quality):

Waiting for the race to start-Amanda is sporting an awesome purple hat

watching some pre-race coverage
Nick and I all dressed up for the occasion

We also managed to squeeze in a little Cinco de Mayo celebration with some Mexican food for dinner with those that were still around.  It was a great day that we think we will have to make an annual McGeehon Tradition.


0 comments:

Post a Comment