Friday, September 10, 2010

Life Goals

About two weeks ago I posted this post "The Meaning Behind '26 to forever" where I referenced some goals that I had set for myself for my "new beginning" in St. Louis.  The thought behind the goals was a way to for me to stop just talking about doing things but actually start doing them.  Some of them are admittingly probably a little far fetched and need some refining but they are things I have talked about wanting to do for a long time and just haven't actually done.  So what are these goals you ask?  Well here is the original list (in no particular order)

  • Workout more
  • Eat new, different, and healthier things
  • Learn something new
  • Get involved in at least 1 charity as a regular volunteer
  • Try new things St. Louis has to offer
  • Live more frugally and reduce my debt
  • Get more involved in a church 
Now for all of my friends out there who talk about goals ALOT I know these are far from being SMART goals and probably made you cringe- it is ok I cringed a little too when I wrote the first one! For those of you that aren't nerds like us SMART stands for specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time bound.  My plan in the next few weeks is to post about each one of these goals, the rationale behind them and start to break them down to be SMART and maintainable goals and to fill you in on the progress with each of them.  Then ideally I would like to post at least once a month on my progress.  I will be back soon with another life goals post but for now if you have any thoughts or ideas on any of these I would be happy to hear them! Or if you have anything else you would like to throw into the mix feel free.

And don't worry I will be back soon with more wedding posts :)

1 comment:

  1. i'm pretty sure most of these un-SMART goals are top-of-mind for many people. please let me know when you've cracked the code and learned how to do them!

    ReplyDelete