Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Last year on Thanksgiving I wrote a post called "To Give Thanks" and I thought it was good practice to stop and remind myself of all the blessings I have in life.  I try to be thankful everyday of all the wonderful things I am so blessed with but as always life sometimes gets in the way.  For that reason I am going to start my list off with:

  • Having a designated time every year to remind us of how important it is to stop and be thankful.
  • My amazing supportive husband
  • My wonderful family that has grown in many ways this year.
  • Our house!  (It was around this time last year that we started looking for a house and now we have lived in our home for almost 3 months we can truly recognize what a blessing it is)
  • Our great friends both in St. Louis and across the country.  Getting married this year has given us the opportunity to spend time with many of our friends we don't see very often and it reminds me of how truly lucky we are to have such amazing friends.
  • Our church
  • Our good jobs and stable income
  • Spending a week on the beach
  • The great weather we have had in St. Louis lately- it really has been a beautiful fall
  • My pets
  • Great memories- again this year has been filled with lots of amazing memories and I think it is important to remind myself that that too is a wonderful blessing
  • My health
  • Music
  • Book Club (an excuse to read a good book and sit around with good food, wine and friends once a month)
This list could go on forever but honestly just the exercise of stopping and creating a list is a great way to remind me of how absolutely blessed I am.

Hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving!

0 comments:

Post a Comment