Friday, July 1, 2011

Tulle and Tutus

Long before I was ever engaged I was perusing a photographer's website and saw pictures from a fabulous wedding.  The whole wedding was beautiful, but there was one thing that caught my eye and I have been in love with ever since.


Flower girl Tutus!  Seriously how darling are those girls? 

So when we got engaged the flower girl attire was a simple decision- she would be sporting a Tutu.

This weekend while my mom and sister were in town for the wedding I took advantage of having them around and pushed through the "wedding wall" and we started making these:




That is Emily's American Girl doll and her very own tutu. In our family we have a tradition of our special dolls sporting matching outfits like Emily and Baby Doll at Christmas:


We also decided that Payton should get a tutu as well so we spent part of the weekend making 3 tutus.  I don't have any pics of Payton and her tutu but this weekend was her 1 month birthday so I thought you might like a picture of her adorableness!


3 comments:

  1. so sweet! i wish i could wear a tutu and get away with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may take a cue from your flower girls for my wedding look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mar Mar, this is a comment related to an earlier post about a DJ playlist. i urge you to visit this link: http://childrenofthenineties.blogspot.com/2011/07/boy-band-party-playlist.html. any and all songs included are perfect for wedding celebration shenanigans!

    ReplyDelete