Thursday, January 19, 2012

Christmas and NYE

So it is January 19th and I'm just now getting around to posting about Christmas and New Year's Eve...oops.  Better late than never, right?

Our holiday week ended up being quite busy and nothing on my "break to do list" got accomplished, but despite that we had a wonderful time with family and friends.

We kicked off the celebrations with Nick's family on Christmas Eve.  Nick's brother was home from Germany so we got to spend the weekend with him and his daughter, Aubrey.  We had a wonderful lunch with Nick's Aunt Cathy and Uncle Dan at their house.  Then we went to Christmas Eve Service at Nick's dad's church.  After church some family and friends came over for some yummy snacks and hot chocolate before we all headed to bed.  Christmas day was packed with presents, church and more family time.  We had a great time with everyone before heading back to St. Louis that evening.  Here are some pictures from that trip:



Side note: Nick and i exchanged gifts on Friday before we left for our adventures and one of my gifts was a set of matching pjs for us for Christmas morning.  I had joked that I thought this would be a cute tradition not thinking Nick would ever go for it.  We will see if it actually turns into a tradition or not, but I think we look pretty cute in front of the tree :)




My family then came to St. Louis on Tuesday to see the house and celebrate Christmas.  I managed to only take 2 pictures while they were here (fail!)  one of my niece Emily and the other of the gingerbread house we made with Emily:

Emily showing off her new Cubs sweatshirt and Payton's new Sophie Giraffe 

Impressive I know!
While my family was here we also went to the Magic House (St. Louis's version of a children's museum) and did a little shopping.  It was a wonderful few days.  

After they left Nick and I packed up and headed to Chicago to spend NYE downtown with some friends.  It was a quick weekend low key weekend but we had a great time.  I again failed at taking enough pictures but here are a few

The tree in Daily Plaza

Nick once again sporting the bow tie  
Brandon and Katie


 So a little late but there is our Holiday season update!

0 comments:

Post a Comment