Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Wedding Wednesday: Some Very Special People

I've been waiting to post about these very special people for a while now.  When Nick and I were deciding on our wedding party I had a very hard time choosing bridesmaids.  I have been blessed beyond words with many many amazing women in my life and it was very hard for me to limit the list to just a few. I wanted to honor all their roles in my life in a special way.  As I mentioned in last week's post a friend of mine asked many of her closest friends to be her "Something Blue" and stand up with her in spirit for her wedding.  I loved this idea but wanted to do a little different take on it.  After much brainstorming with my aunt and sister I decided to ask these special women to light the candles for the ceremony.  Using the the lighgt as a symbol of the light each of these woman have been in my life.  I even came across this poem which perfectly illustrated what each of them meant to me:


I've seen the light
And it's in you,
In everything you are
And in everything you do
It's a perfect light
That shines for all to see
It radiates from you
And has pierced the heart of me.

The light is from a friend.
It's a light that keeps me warm.
It lets me know how loved I am,
And keeps me safe from harm.

To you my friend I am thankful,
In each and every way.
For you lift my spirits up,
With every passing day.

To know that you are there for me
It makes me feel alive
Because it is your friendship's light
Upon which my love thrives.

It is your light of friendship
That gives my world its glow.

I sent each woman a card with that poem asking them to light the candles for our wedding.  Unfortunately for lots of reasons not all of them were able to make it to St. Louis for the wedding.  The lovely ladies that were able to make it did a beautiful job setting the stage for the ceremony.  Here are some pictures of the beautiful women: 





Today is going to be another 2 for 1 Wednesday with another post coming this afternoon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment